- 30 minutes every night before sleeping
- 6 students
Age of students:
- 7-9 years old
- Fresh fruit, milk, cups, knife, mixer, apron
Description of the tool:
- Introduce the vocabulary by using realia or pictures of fruit and kitchen tools (see resources needed)
- In groups of 3, children discuss food preferences using a scale from 1-10 (1-least; 10-most liked)
- As a whole group, discuss the quantity of fruit needed.
- Go shopping for fruit with the children. The children are encouraged to pay themselves (counting the money).
- At school, each child washes his/her fruit and cuts into various amount of pieces (depending on the fruit while counting.
- Each child fills their cup with milk.
- They put the fruit and milk in the blender, and blend into a semi-liquid mixture. This is then poured into their cup.