- 2 hours
- Cards with situations and numbers on them
- 4 students
Age of Students:
- 10-14 years old
Description of the tool:
1) The class is divided into groups of 4 students.
2) Each group selects randomly 4 cards.
3) The teacher informs groups that they have to
create a small story with these 4 cards. The story should
include one mathematic problem. 2 of 4 cards have
numbers that have to be used in the problem. Each
group has selected a card that describes the type of
text, which should be written. When all groups finish,
exchange their stories and solve the mathematic
– Each student has its role. (designer, writer, editor,
– In the end of writing, there is an improvement tool
to develop their stories.