To learn how to self reflect
- About 1 hour
- A dark room and relaxing music
Age of students:
- 10 years +
- The whole class
Description of the tool:
- Find a comfortable spot in the room and in the dark
- Take deep breaths
- Alone, listen to your body: move, shift, step.
- Be aware of the body sensations: Do you feel judged, anxious, free? – How does this manifest physically? What does the music tell you? Move to the rhythm of the music
- Music change: Find a partners – someone who feels natural for you to be with. Face your partner.
- Keep your rhythm but at the same time find the rhythm of the other person. Focus as well on what do you feel
- Group diamond: in 4, someone will lead the group, then the others will follow.
- Debriefing: In a whole group.
- What are you feeling?
- What was the most challenging?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- How was it to lead?
- What was your position in the room? Does it mirror your position in life?
- Is it easier to empathise with others than with ourselves?
- How can you relate this to real life situations?