To teach children how to make statistics diagrams
- 2 teaching hours
4-5 students per group
Age of students:
- 9-12 years old
- Gloves, rubbish bags, paper, pencils – alternatively you can use marine litter track EU, mobile phone
Description of the tool:
- Teacher chooses a nearby beach to clean and adopt symbolically.
- Teacher and students prepare equipment, what to wear.
- Students get separated into small groups and discuss how to organise the work.
- Teacher contacts with the relevant local authorities and inform them about and inform them about the cleaning. Teacher makes sure that they can collect waste the specific day.
- Students go to the beach, collect waste and write on papers what they find
- They return in the classroom, process the data and make diagrams.