Let's Beat the Heat
- To learn vocabulary related to food
- To learn some basic English by following instructions to create a recipe
- To learn how to work in a group
- To become aware of different cultures trough the cooking of different food
- To become more aware of of healthy recipes
Group Size: 10 -25
Suggested Time Needed: 60 minutes
- Fresh fruit
- Old magazines
- Interactive board
- The e book
Link to e-book: https://pdf.download.bookcreator.com/xZaa7QWtg3UQCLEqK4lALGTQElD3/books/OhQs3YytQxGP8l6WNKS1hQ
Description of the tool:
In the e-book, one can find some recipes that can be done with young children. The recipes are written with rhyming words so as to make it more enjoyable.
Step 1: The educator will first help the children read the recipes and explain to them any difficult words that they do not understand
Step 2: The whole group will make the recipe together and then enjoy what they would have prepared.
Notes for facilitators:
Note 1: Make sure to make safety a priority especially when using certain equipment like knives, forks and the blender.
Note 2: This session can be repeated multiple times with different recipes from different countries.